Friday, July 24, 2009

How much do YOU weigh?

I hear it all the time. "I'd like to bring the dog in the house, but he is too big." We had to move to a smaller apartment so we couldn't take the dog because there wasn't enough room."
My first response to that is: "How much do you weigh?" If a 180 pound human can live in a house, why not a 50 pound lab?
I met some people a couple of months ago who had turned in a very small dog because they were moving into a condo. I bet they took their sofa and their big screen TV to that condo, but somehow a 10 pound dog won't fit.

I understand their are people out there who don't feel like I do about dogs and I respect that. But if your sofa is more important than your dog, then obviously, you don't like dogs. If you don't like dogs, then why did you get one?