Friday, July 30, 2010

Pasting... Cancel

 

They try to tell me she's just a dog

But she's not; can't you see

She's just as special as you and me

 

They even tried to say she's feral and could never be tamed

I didn't care; I loved her just the same

 

Humans and dogs are alike in so many ways

If you made a list, it would go on for days.

 

We get hungry, we get cold

We get arthritis when we get old

 

Dogs get a lot of the same ailments that humans do

Like allergies, coughs, even the flu

 

They tell me not to call her "fur baby"

That's she's just property

But she'll always be my baby to me

 

I know when she is happy and sad

I know about the things that make her glad

 

She didn't ask to live with me, I chose to take her in

Now I owe her; she's my best friend

She lives inside with me and sits on my chairs

Some say that lowers my status as master

But I don't care

 

Dogs and humans both have hearts

And either heart can break

To be away from their human companion is an awful fate

 

So bring your dog in the house

Onto your bed, your sofa, into your heart

Today's the day to make a new start

 

Pets are social animals

Another human trait they share

Wherever you are, they want to be there

 

So legally, she's my property

But spiritually, she's my whole world

She's my fur baby;  my special girl